Monday 25 August 2014

How To Remove Sticker Glue Residue From Your Lipstick Tube

Yesterday I did a post on Catrice lippie in Russian Violet that I'm showing lots of love at the moment. It's a "drugstore" brand that can only be purchased at Dischem and online at Spree. (B.T.W. what do we call drugstores here in SA? I don't like Americanising but I don't know what to call it. It's not pharmacies or chemists... eish!)



The thing that I despise most about shopping for makeup at Dischem is that their products are not properly sealed. I've already bought a lipstick that I only discovered once I got home, was used. I took it back to the store only to find that ALL the lipsticks of that brand that they had on their shelf had been tampered with.


Anyway, what I appreciated about this purchase at Dischem in Woodmead was that there were sufficient testers and the actual stock for sale was taped closed. But... taking that tape off... It was taped closed with Sellotape that left that unsightly glue residue.


 

So I took a chance and took a cotton pad with nail polish remover to it, and prayed that it wouldn't interfere with the packaging.



And it didn't. Left the tube all shiny and pretty and new.




There's no guarantee that nail polish remover won't damage the packaging of other products, so I'd advise to do a spot test before attempting to remove sticky residue.

My first option would have been rubbing alcohol, but a full bottle grew legs and walked right out of my house! Rubbing alcohol is such a cheap, handy product to have around the house but especially in your bathroom or makeup cabinet. Use it to sanitise your makeup like lipsticks before using it or if you haven't used it in a long time or spray it onto powder products to sanitise/disinfect them every so often or if you share makeup with someone else.

And there you go. No more applying lippie undercover because you're embarrassed about what it looks like on the outside. Just like you, your lipstick tubes can be as attractive on the outside as it is on the inside.

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    ป้าย ไวนิล

    ReplyDelete