Thursday 7 August 2014

Empties Review - Schwartzkopf Gliss Marrakesh Oil & Coconut Shampoo & Condtioner



Apologies for the blur. Shampoo and conditioner available from Clicks and Dischem for around R59,00 each.

Not exactly a combo that blew my mind when I used it. Usually hair products either seriously impress me or I seriously don’t like it, otherwise it falls into the category of, okay yes, I will buy that again if it’s on sale which, at the time, is where this combo (unfairly) fell in to.

I don’t repurchase any shampoo and conditioners consecutively because hair gets used to a product and somehow the product loses its spark.  But after using another shampoo and conditioner combo when I ran out of this one, I realized how good it was. My scalp felt thoroughly cleaned, my hair was soft and manageable, not weighed down and definitely had more shine than with the products I’m using now. I’m almost missing it now. 

Marrakesh oil is essentially argan oil and how else do you jump onto the bandwagon without looking like you're jumping onto the bandwagon? Call it Marrakesh oil! Marrakesh/argan oil has been used for centuries in northern Africa for beauty, hair and skincare. You can read more about argan oil here.  

The coconut component in this product is coconut milk (according to this website). A quick squizz via Professor Google tells us that coconut milk has nourishing, detangling and anti-balding (?!) benefits when use on hair.

Shampoo: Some shampoos don’t do anything on the first wash but take on the second. Not so with this one. It worked up into a rich foamy lather quickly the first time. Depending on how often I wash my hair will determine on how many times I will shampoo and I can get away with one wash and rinse cycle and feel like I’ve cleansed my scalp and the length of my hair. There’s enough lather to do both with a quarter-palm-size squirt of product. Is that a lot? I have long, curly hair and a lot of it and this is about as much as I would need. Maybe less *as I look at my palm and try to figure out how much I actually use*.

Conditioner: like I’ve said before, I use most conditioners as leave-ins, as I have with this one and it didn’t leave my hair looking dull. It was thick enough for me to feel like it was doing its job, but light enough to give my natural curl some bounce. And the shine… The only way I can say anything about the shine is that I didn’t feel the need to use one of my shine serums/oils that I usually add at the end of the styling process.

Overall I can say that I am (now) sufficiently impressed with the Schwartzkopf Gliss  Marrakesh Oil and Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner and that it will definitely make its back into my shower, sale or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment