Monday 12 December 2011

This is too much for facebook and I don't know if I want to bore my friends with it.

So the title basically sums up why I thought I'd start this blog. I often have new experiences that I think I'm going to obsess about and only because my friends don't share my interests or I don't get to see them often enough to gush over my latest find. That's what I do, obsess. I especially obsess over something I can't find. I get so into it that it's all I can think about for a while. Especially shoes. I have become, at the ripe old age of 35, a shoe girl!

So anyways... the reason I decided on this blog today is because I've finally found the shoe that I've been obsessing over for the last, I don't know, 4-5 months. And it's gorgeous. More gorgeous in real life than on the laptop screen. It's...


Meet my new best friend, Courtney*. I haven't fallen in love with a shoe as much as I have with Ms Courtney. Partly because I couldn't find her for the longest time and partly because she's a beautiful, simple, understated, yet high impact shbootiege (that's shoebootiewedge). In time you'll see that I love simple, unfussed styles.

So, how did I finally meet my gorgeous Courtney? I had an appointment at my optometrist and had a few minutes to kill as I was early (that in itself you'll see is divine intervention). So I see there's a new shoe shop 2 doors from the optometrist and who do I see smiling at me sweetly in the window... So I go inside, find her, fit her on and it's that full circle moment. She fits perfectly, she's light, comfortable and most importantly, GORGEOUS!

But now I need to rush off to get my contacts fitted (first time user), go home for 3 hours, come back for another consultation and obviously go back to see what other friends Courtney's brought with her to her new showroom. And as it turns out, she's brought some of her besties too.

The Bron* Sisters



Ang*
And a whole lot more that you'll find on the Plum Delicious website, that I'm just too lazy to post (Well, not really lazy I just have some other things to do but I really would prefer to look at beautiful shoes all day).

The shop is Bulhafi and they can be found... (I don't really want to post this, I want to keep it all to myself, but I can't sustain their tenancy, so I suppose I have to tell you) at Woodmead Value Mart, shop S, Tel 011 656 4088, in between New Balance and The New EQ Factory Outlet. I think they will be seeing a LOT more of me in the weeks to come. Only problem is, I need a life to go with these shoes as I'm a stay-at-home mom and part-time student and wear flats 99.9% of my life. Not that that's going to stop me from filling my closet with these babies...

*I didn't name these babies, they belong to Plum. Pictures are swiped from the Plum Delicious website.


No comments:

Post a Comment