Monday 19 December 2011

Sunday night / Monday morning

So, that was the weekend. And a long weekend - NOGAL!

Mommies don't have long weekends, or holidays for that matter. Especially when daddies go on roadtrips and camp out with their friends to a live concert in the bundus. Not that I'm complaining... I've seen UB40 twice already and he doesn't get out with his friends (work APPARENTLY doesn't count as getting out, he says) and I enjoy not having him around for a day or 2. The house stays tidier when he's not around, which is strange coz I always thought it was the 4 and 6yr old who were responsible for the constant state of unrest. This is a very recent and shocking discovery.

So he's home and snoring next to me: comforting and annoying at the same time. Thank God I don't PMS coz I might have been widowed by now. There are a few women sitting in jails in the US coz they just got gatvol of their husbands' snoring. I'm totally sucking this out of my thumb, but it sounds credible, right? Anything is possible in the USofA!

I don't know why I'm awake at this ungodly hour of 12:18am. The only way I usually keep my eyes open at this time of the night is with Red Bull cans. The boys wake up too damn early for me to even contemplate sleeping in, so it's generally a good idea to get some decent shut-eye from 11pm coz you've gotta sleep with one eye open from 5am onwards when they start their day. I really hope they keep up this early morning routine when they start school. We're usually late getting to preschool, but that's because it's not real school. Next year will be a totally different story. Summer's ok coz it's impossible to sleep past 6 o'clock anyway, but winter. Oh how I hate winter! This is going to a trying time for me. The true test of motherhood!

I'm just rambling on about absolute rubbish now. Let me share some pics that has made my weekend enjoyable...

Meet my new obsession...
Her name is Sharryy and she's available from www.stevemadden.com.
I don't know if she's available in South Africa yet, but I will be visiting the Sandton City store tomorrow morning to see if she's there and what the damage to hubby's budget is going to be.

Sharryy has a younger, naughtier sister...


Vippper, also at www.stevemadden.com.
I don't know so much about this one, I may just bring her home too. It's more winter than summer, don't you think? I prefer more open shoes in summer, like...


Julia is available from www.plum.com.es.


I think she's gorgeous, just the right height, open enough for summer, closed enough to make your foot feel secure. Good thing I didn't see her at Bulhafi when I picked up my Courtneys on Saturday coz I may have brought her home too. Wait, why's that a good thing...?

I need to get more flats. I buy all these heels and can never wear them coz I don't have a life to go with the shoes. They're usually reserved for date nights, which will only happen from February again when my brother's back. Or maybe we can take advantage of the mother-in-law when she comes up in Jan. MMmmmm.

The cheaper obsession, nails... I took off the blue and glitter on my fingers and replaced it with matt white (not my favourite finish, it looks like Tipp-Ex) with a blue, frosty looking glitter polish. Very chic. It takes the edge of start white nails.

Tomorrow, Sandton City for The Smurfs (I'm a Smurf freak and I'm using the kids as an excuse to get a picture with Smurfette, Clumsy and Pappa Smurf) and a pop in to Steve Madden, and if the kids will allow it, a pop in to Zara. I also need to track down a Christmas tree coz the real live one we had last year is real dead now. Hubby wants to get a plastic tree, I'm thinking real live indigenous tree that can be planted on the 12th day of Christmas. 2 birds... I bought Christmas tree decorations at Woolies last year for 50% off in the week before Christmas. I'm hoping I'll have the same luck this year and add to the collection. I also want to start a tradition of buying one exquisite/funky/different tree ornament and have the kids each make one every year. We've not done this previously, the tree was a first last year coz we always said that we'd decorate the tree outside that looks like a Christmas tree, but never did.

Ok, I've hit writers block. I'll add on to this if I remember in the waking hours of today. Otherwise I'll just add another title. I've been wanting to write about my attraction to certain types of people and discovering why I have the attraction. The person I'm thinking of right now is Johnny Clegg. Yes, I see you raising your eyebrows, but it will all become clearer when my head is clearer and I put finger to keyboard in the daylight hours.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for popping in at my Blog :)
    Luuuurv the ankle boots above - sexy!
    www.simplysiyaam.com

    ReplyDelete