Tuesday 3 February 2015

Paris - Sights - Part 1

As I've mentioned in a previous post the Paris adventures were separated into taking in sights and unrestrained food sampling with the friends, and romantic with my honey sightseeing and canoodling.

Going through these photos made me want to go back. Desperately! 

My hood for the week. Street view from our hotel room. I think our hotel was the only one on this street. The rest of the buildings are residential and with shops on the ground floor, so I'd wake up and go to sleep with the residents and got slightly familiar with some of the shop owners, who were friendly.
We could see the search light from the Eiffel Tower from our room. You could probably see it from anywhere in Paris. See how lit up the road is... I felt secure walking back to the hotel at any time of the night because of it.

Au Vieux Paris

How complete is this photo with the nosy neighbour?

Notre Dame Cathedral

Jardin De Luxembourg / Luxembourg Gardens
Prettiness in the Jardin de Luxembourg.
Fontaine de Medicis



View from the Montparnasse Tower. Said to show off the best views of Paris and is not as busy as the Eiffel Tower. It was cloudy, hence the graininess of the photo.

We spent the first evening enjoying sundowners on the hill of the Sacre Coeur Basilica. Seems to be the thing to do on a Friday evening. It got much, much busier after this photo was taken. Unfortunately, the photos I have of the actual cathedral have us in them, so no posting on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment