Friday 28 November 2014

My Paris 2014 - Part 2 - Walking and Seeing - Street Names

The French are all about balance. Anything in moderation. We were successful in the art of eating our way through Paris, but we had to tip the scales the other way by walking it all off. And walk we did. Averaging 15km per day our feet took a beating and Miss Kleva over here didn't pack walking shoes. Well, at least not shoes that would see that much walking in a day, every day! 

I knew that I wouldn't remember where we went and what we saw so I felt rather genius thinking I'd take photos of the street names that can be found on every street corner building or lamp post. I can now GoogleEarth these street names and it will remind me of what we saw where and I can reference photos taken to that place. Kleva, ne!

These are only some of the street names, in no particular order and none of the pictures have been edited.





















Other than giving the tourist a sense of security because you'd easily be able to triangulate your position on a street map, they're pretty to look at. Posting these pictures and jogging my memory to that week in Paris is making me feel very nostalgic and longing to go back. There are so many other places to make memories and I think it would be a waste to spend any more time in Paris. I got so see so much and saturated myself in the experience so that I would long to go back, but I think I may just have left a piece of me over there. 

Next Paris post will be some of the must-see spots in the City of Light.




No comments:

Post a Comment